In case you didn’t know, our skin is our biggest detox organ. Seriously!
So whatever happens on our skin’s surface is a reflection of what’s going on inside your body.
That’s why when you use medicated products to target acne, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea and loads of other skin conditions, it works for a short period of time and then generally re-occurs if you don’t do anything to deal with the root problem.
Generally this has to do with your body’s ability to detox – which means that your beautiful hardworking liver is usually being overburdened with more toxins that it can handle.
Interesting fact! After the skin, the liver is the biggest solid organ in the body, when you consider that, the connection between the two seems quite obvious. While the liver plays more than 500 roles in the body, such as bile production, helping your blood clot, making glucose (sugar) that your body can use for energy and vitamin and mineral storage, one of the most important jobs it plays is to break down alcohol and other toxins, such as pesticides, herbicides, medications, heavy metals and other external pollutants.
Unfortunately, in today’s day and age it can be pretty easy to overload the liver with way too many toxins: external pollution from cars, and factories, off gassing in your home and office from furniture, paints, carpets, eating fruits and vegetables that have been sprayed with pesticides, eating meats from unhealthy animals, and sadly lots more.
However, the point is not to get depressed and frustrated, the point is just to be conscious of what we’re exposed to and one, try to limit our exposure as much as possible and two, help the body detox.
So how do we help our liver out and help the body detox, so you can have glowing skin? Here’s some simple tips on where to start:
- Include as much vegetables and fruits in our diet as possible. Examples: broccoli, kale, spinach, wild blueberries, which all contain powerful antioxidants, such as vitamin C. These fruits and veggies also contain some great fiber content to keep your gut healthy!
- Start the day off with a tall glass of room temperature water and the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon. Fresh lemon is a great way to hydrate and purify the body before you can start adding food to your body.
- Reduce your intake of animal fats (including eggs and dairy) for some time to allow the liver to detox. This is especially important if you aren’t eating organic or grass fed meats.
- Add Barley Grass Juice Powder and Hawaiian Spirulina to a fruit smoothie daily. These 2 supplements work beautifully together to detox the body of heavy metals and other toxins, as well as help alkaline the body.
- Limit grains, especially gluten while you are detoxing, so you can leave lots of room for nutrient dense and vitamin rich foods
If your eating habits have been unhealthy for quite some time and all of the above seems overwhelming, start with one change. Implementing just one of the changes above will get you on the right path to better health and improving your skin!
Certified Health Coach
CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach
Header image from The Detox Market
Are you feeling stuck? Not sure what steps to take next to make real change in your life? Have you tried every diet, exercise program, but nothing seems to stick? Join me on a Body Transformation Discovery Call where you will discover:
What’s been stopping you, slowing you down or keeping you from having the body you want.
A powerful vision for your Body Transformation, and what it will mean you and for your life.
Which foods and lifestyle habits are bringing your body down…and what to do about it.
A step-by-step plan to create a Total Body Transformation in 90 days or less!
If you’re ready click on the link: Body Transformation Breakthrough Session
Disclaimer: This material is distributed for informational purposes only. The author will not be held responsible for the use or misuse of the information in this book. This program is not intended for pregnant women or nursing mothers. It is also not intended as medical advice, because Daniela Nahas is not a medical doctor. Daniela Nahas or Best Body Bootcamp may not be held responsible for any adverse effects resulting from the use of any recipes, suggestions, or procedures described in this kit. Please consult your medical doctor before starting any new program, if you have any concerns.